What is Globalization?
Globalization is a process of interaction among the people, companies and governments of different nations. People form the world interact with each other for trade, some work together to exchange their ideas, technology and their scientific knowledge.
History of Globalization:
Globalization is not only the part of this century. From thousands of years people have been trading goods and travelling across great distances. During the Middle Ages, people traveled along the Silk Road, which connected Europe and China. The modern age of globalization started with the Industrial revolution at the end of 18th century. Since 1980, globalization has been moving at a faster pace. Today it is easier for people to establish their business and expand it in other countries. The Internet gives them a chance of reaching more customers around the world.
- Globalization give people free hands. For example if you can buy cheap steel from another country you don’t have to make your on steal, you can focus on other fields like IT (Information Technology) and other fields.
- Globalization gives you a larger market. You can sell more goods and make more money. You can create more jobs.
- Products becomes cheaper and you can get new goods more quickly.
- Globalization causes unemployment in industrialized countries because firms move their factories to places where they can get cheaper workers.
- Some of the poorest countries in the world, especially in Africa, are getting more poorer day by day. Their population is not as educated as in developed countries and they don’t have the new technology that we have.
- Human, animal and plant diseases can spread more quickly through Globalization.
Importance of Business Communication skills in Globalization:
Globalization means to interact with the people of different nations. So when you are going to interact with them you should be more effective, more accurate and should have a good deal. All these things we learn through business communication skills.
It taught us how to have a effective speech towards the dealers and how to use the new technology to communicate with the people on the other side of the globe. Business communication skills development has always been an important factor of success in business.
I hope you like this small Article on Globalization and Communication Skills, share your comments.